This tutorial created August 31, 2002 and is the sole property of İBubbles' PSP. Please do not remove any of my tutorials or any part of my tutorials from my site unless you have permission from me to do so. If you should have any problems with this or any of my tutorials, please do not hesitate to email me at email@example.com
For this tutorial you will need:
PAINT SHOP PRO (Trial Version)
XERO (Porcelain Filter)
You will also need an image to work with.I am using an image by Beverley Lu entitled "The Prowler". I wish to thank Beverley Lu for allowing me to use her beautiful artwork in my tutorials. You can see more of Beverley Lu's artwork here.
You will need a woodpattern for your frame; if you wish to use the same woodpattern that I'm using, click here.
Okay, let's get started !!
1. Open your image in PSP; Shift+D to make two (2) copies of your image. Close your original as we will be working with the copies. Minimize one of your copies for later use.
2. Effects/PluginFilters/Artistic/Underpainting using the sandstone preset with the settings shown below. Apply this filter two (2) times.
3. Effects/PluginFilters/Xero/Porcelain using the settings shown below.
4. Bring up the image that you minimized earlier and resize by 85%. Effects/Sharpen/Sharpen.
5. Go to Edit/Copy; close out this image as you won't need it any longer; then go to your working image and Edit/Paste as New Layer. Selections/Select All. Selections/Float. Effects/PluginFilters/Xero/Porcelain using the settings shown below.
6. Effects/3D Effects/Cutout using these settings: Opacity 86; Blur 31.3; Vertical 3; Horizontal 3. Repeat cutout changing the vertical and horizontal settings to (-3). Selections/Select None. /p>
7. Change your foreground style box to patterns and select the woodpattern fill with these settings: Scale 100 %; Angle 0. Set your background color to a color that is not in your graphic; I used black (#000000) . Image/Add Borders 25 pixels symmetric checked. Grab your magic wand and click on your border to select. Floodfill with your woodpattern fill. Do not deselect.
8. Selections/Invert. Effects/3D Effects/Cutout using the same settings as before: Opacity 86; Blur 31.3; Vertical 3; Horizontal 3. Repeat cutout changing the vertical and horizontal settings to (-3). Selections/Invert. Effects/3D Effects/Inner Bevel using the settings shown below.
9. Selections/Select None. Resize if necessary, remembering to go to Effects/Sharpen/Sharpen after you resize. Save in desired format.
Please do not remove webset or tutorial from site unless given permission to do so. İBubbles' PSP 2001-2002